The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark search twitter facebook feed linkedin instagram google-plus avvo phone envelope checkmark mail-reply spinner error close
Skip to main content

The Florida Department of Financial Services has posted a very informative set of Frequently Asked Questions regarding what insurance to purchase to protect yourself in a post PIP auto accident. The FAQ’s are in a series called “Life Without No Fault”. The most important thing to remember is, with or without PIP, you need uninsured motorist coverage. It protects you from bad drivers who are uninsured and it provides benefits for intangible damages, medical bills and lost earnings. If you have health insurance and disability insurance you really don’t need to replace PIP. If you do not have health insurance you can purchase medical payments coverage insurance from your car insurance agent to replace the PIP medical benefits. In a post PIP world, there is no more “No-Fault”, which means you can recover all of your damages from the auto accident from the driver and owner of the vehicle at fault in the accident. If they are not insured you can recover it through your uninsured motorist coverage.

For more information on this subject, please refer to our section on Car and Motorcycle Accidents.

Comments are closed.

Of Interest