The family of an 11-year-old girl who was electrocuted to death at Orange Lakes Resort in Orlando has filed a wrongful death suit, according to sources. The girl was on vacation with her family, playing miniature golf at a time share resort, when she was electrocuted as she recached into an artificial pond for her ball in June. The wrongful death suit, filed in Orange-Osceola Circuit Court, claims the resort was negligent in its repairs to electrical components.
The girl’s parents and her brother rushed to the pond as another guest attempted to save her. The lawsuit is seeking emotional and punitive damages upwards of $27 million.
“The priorities of the family are to find out exactly what happened and who’s responsible,” said the attorney representing the family. “And hold the resort accountable for the loss of their only daughter. They are absolutely devastated by this loss.”
The lawsuit alleges that the resort used an uncertified electrician to replace electrical equipment. There is no excuse for resorts to put their guests at risk to cut costs. Please visit our website for more information on tourist injuries and please contact our office for a free consultation.
Wooten, Kimbrough & Normand, P.A.—Orlando wrongful death attorneys.