The Consumer Products Safety Commission announced that Spin Master of Toronto, Canada is recalling approximately 4.2 miilion sets of Aqua Dots due to a toxic coating on the beads. If swallowed, the chemical reacts with the body similar to GHB also known as the date rape drug. There have been reports of two children who ended up in the hospital in a coma after swallowing the beads. Parents should immediately take all Aqua Dots beads from their children for their own safety. Spin Master is offering replacement beads or another toy in place of the defective products.
For more information on this subject, please refer to the section on Defective and Dangerous Products.