Add the children’s toy “Aqua Dots Super Studio” to the list of dangerous products sold to American children that were manufactured in China. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) if the dots are swallowed they can convert into a chemical like that found in the dangerous, often abused, drug known as GHB. Young children have sustained serious life threatening injuries from swallowing this product. Sadly, the CPSC has no control over the manufacturing process in China. This Christmas, look for the label, “Made in the United States”. It may be worth the little extra you spend to have the peace of mind to know that our U.S. product safety standards work to make your children safe.
For more information on this subject, please refer to the section on Defective and Dangerous Products.